Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Almost "home"


One of the girls that I mentor always says I'm obsessed with counting and numbers. I can remember being 9 or 10 and hearing my mom shouting across the house, "Leah? What's the church's phone number?"..."Leah? What's Grandma and Grandpa's number?" And I remembered them all. I had a memory bank of phone numbers.

I suppose it's true that I'm obsessed with numbers because I can tell you that it's 25 days till I am in California, 14 days till I move to Joburg, and 9 days till Piet comes to PE.

I've been thinking a lot lately how I'm so ready to settle somewhere. For almost the last two years, I've been moving around a lot and no where has really been "home". I haven't lived in my parent's house since I was 18. And although that will always be home, it's not really my home. I'm really looking forward to moving on to Joburg because I'll finally be settling down somewhere. It's coming at a good time.

For those of you who don't know, I am planning on getting married within the year. January 1 to be exact. I have no ring on my finger, but that should be coming soon! :) I've been cooking a lot more, partially out of boredom, and Piet says I've been doing a lot of good practicing at being a wife.

Our minds are funny things. I have been just fine being away from my family this whole year. But now that I know I'll be home soon, I've really starting missing home. I've been making a list of foods I'd like to eat (get ready Mom! (-: ), people I'd like to see, and I've even starting driving on the opposite side of the road! (Not on purpose, haha)

Welp, thanks for listening to the thoughts in my head.

Love is a gift, give it.
Be Blessed,

Leah

1 comment:

  1. Leah, I can't wait to see you. i've been praying for you and i'm so ready to hear all your stories. i understand how you feel about settling down i don't even have a home anymore, my parents move around and while now i'm calling Redding my home! I'm excited to be staying here for a while and so happy that the Stirring has been a good fit for me and i'm getting plugged into helping with the missionaries! May you have Save travels and a blessed time back in the states! see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete