Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sarah is going back to Thailand

So it's official. I bought my plane ticket to Thailand last week. An amazing ticket landed in my lap that was half the price of anything else I was looking at. The ticket was such an answer to prayer, so thank you to all who were praying.

Here are the details so far of my trip:

I will be leaving August 3rd flying from Sacramento, CA to Bangkok. I arrive in Chiang Mai on August 5th and will be there until August 22nd.

Once there, I will be spending time with old friends, visiting past places of ministry, and am currently setting up interviews and appointments with various organizations working with women. I am so excited to be in Thailand again! In many ways this is a mini vision trip and I cannot wait to see what the Lord does during this time

I've been so encouraged by all the positive responses I've received since sending my last email out. Thank you to you all who have been praying for clarity and wisdom as I pursue this endeavor. So many of you have asked how you can help financially and prayerfully so here's how:

I will need $1500 for this trip. The majority of this amount is my plane ticket. Once I'm there I have very few expenses. I have a couple of domestic flights within Thailand that are also included in this amount.

If you want to give towards my vision trip please make your checks payable to my church:
The Stirring and write 507-007 in the memo portion.
In order to deposit your check and make it tax-deductible please do not write my name anywhere on the check.
Send to:
The Stirring
1348 Market St #201
Redding, CA 96001

Things to pray for:

Please pray for continued wisdom and clarity as I follow the Lord's leading.
Pray for the Lord's guidance as I set up appointments and contacts with people and organizations.
Pray against fear, doubt, anxiety, and anything else the enemy will use to deter me from going forward.
The Lord is continually shaping this trip. Pray I will be open to the things He shows me before, during and after.

Prayer support is so very important and I cannot do this without you! I would love to have a specific team of prayer warriors with me while I'm over in Thailand. If you feel called to come alongside me in prayer during this time, please let me know.

Thank you again for all your prayers and encouragement. Your support is very much appreciated!

In His Hands,

Sarah Schepens

p.s. For more updated information on my life and this trip please check out my blog at http://strongatthebrokenplaces.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment