Friday, August 29, 2008

Isn't she in Africa yet?

Here is an amazing testimony from Leah...

Well, no. Not yet. But, honestly, it couldn't come soon enough. I'm just getting so anxious; my mind has been in Africa for far too long now. It's been a month since I moved...only a week to go.

Only a week until training in Georgia, but it's still two weeks until I'm in Africa.

My fundraiser was incredible last weekend! God totally blew me away. My mom cooked chicken marsala for about 50 people, my brother David played classical guitar as dinner music, we had some Africa trivia, David and I taught everyone a French African song, and some other fun stuff. To raise money, the dinner was $10 per person. So I assumed I would make somewhere between $500-$600. But my money was tripled!!! I couldn't believe it. I got an email that the official count was $1838! I don't even know how that happened. People have been so incredibly generous in their giving. After the dinner and with a few other donations, I'm passed my goal! I raised more than I need, which is such a blessing! I can't believe I did it. The Lord has been so good to me.

I'm officially ready to go...nine days, only nine days...

No comments:

Post a Comment